Sunday, November 23, 2008

Warning; a really long pitty party!

For whatever reason, this has been the longest week ever. I miss Tyler so badly and usually I keep myself and the kids pretty busy when he is TDY and the time flies. So naturally when we came down to Utah, I thought for sure the time would go by even faster...boy was I wrong. Maybe its the fact that we just went through the Temple and had literally no time to celebrate after. He left so soon. These back-to-back-to-back trips are killing me and my sullen attitude rubs off on the kids. I try so hard not to cry on the phone to Ty, I know that only makes it harder on him, but sometimes when I hear him say "hi baby!" I can't help it, I just lose it. During the days its not so bad, but at night when its time to put the kids to bed, i can't help but feel our family is incomplete at that moment. I know how important his job is and how much he loves it but I get so jealous sometimes.

I have to tell this story about him and I: During my senior year in high school, my dream was to go to LA and be a back-up dancer. Britney Spears was holding open auditions the end of September for a new video and I had been invited. I had a dance scholarship to SDSU in San Diego. I was already to leave at the end of summer, my mom had my apartment ready and waiting, i had transfered to the Nordstrom down there, ready to work for MAC. But 2 weeks before I was to leave, my best friend/sister came down to Dallas for a visit. And with her she brought some pictures of prom, and immediatley I asked "who is this?" (pointing to Tyler) She told me all about him, how funny he was, "Mr. High School", even about his girlfriend (obviously that didn't stop me)! I then talked to him on the phone a little bit later that evening, I couldn't stop smiling! I prayed very hard about my decision to go to San Diego, always feeling that it was not quite right...By the end of the week I had called and broke up with the boy I had been dating for 2 years, packed my car and drove to Utah. My parents arranged a small basement apartment in Bountiful for me to stay in, I found a great job at a doctors office in Ogden and last minute taken my scholarship to Weber State. I met Ty in person 3 days laletr and we have been inseperable ever since!

i never believed in fate, destiny, any of that stuff until Ty. He still gives me those butterflies in my stomach, that nervous/akward feeling when he comes home early from work. I love being the mother of his crazy children and most of all; being his eternal wife. I really needed this time to rant and rave over my husband. You wouldn't believe how theraputic this has been!

6 comments:

thekeithfamily said...

I'm sorry Sun. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be without Nate for any length of time. I feel for ya. I'm here if you need to rant. Hang in there.

Emily said...

Oh Sun!! I didnt know all that about your life before Ty! Anywho...you can rant all you want! Brian leaves for a night and I cry cry cry! So you definately can cry and be sad as much as you want! I will listen to you! Who better to talk to than his fav. sister?? Was Twilight FUN?? Lets hang out so the time flies by a tad bit faster......call me/ill call you.......Love you tons.......

Justin and Kenzee said...

Sun! That took me back for a minute reading that! Oh the good ol' days! I will always remember that Texas trip! (not to mention we have a scrapbook of it)I don't think you stopped talking about him since i showed you that picture! It was so fun when you guys finally met! You and Ty are so cute! That's the sweetest thing! It's been so fun watching you two grow over the years! You guys are so good for eachother and you have beautiful babies! I'm a little selfish and soooooo glad your here! I don't know if you know this, but you're a pretty big deal! I just wish Ty was here also! We need to hang out lots! I love you so much!

The Browns said...

Wow I can't believe you had such an amazing life before. It is so funn how things work. It was so ment to be. I am so glad that you felt inspired to come here to meet Tyler. I locve ya so much and if you ever need anything call me. I can pretend to be Ty.haha Love ya

The Browns said...

Oh and Sun I am your Fav sister in law not Em. She is a big fat jerk And I am the sweetest ever. Remember that. Thanks again for last night. Hudson has a crush on you I think.hahah Okay Em is cool to but I am cooler.

The Sayamas said...

That's such an awesome story! I have always considered Tyler a good friend...even though we didn't talk much for a few years in high school. I am so happy for him that he found such an incredible girl to be with forever! You guys are a great couple, and I am so sorry that he has to leave you so much-that would be so hard. When Rory leaves me for business trips I can't stand it. The longest he has been gone is like 5 days and it nearly killed me! I admire both of you and the sacrifices you make for our country!